- This event has passed.
Stringybark Suburban Sustainability Festival
October 18, 2014 @ 10:00 am - October 19, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Come down to say hello at our stall at the Stringybark Suburban Sustainability Festival! Kids, big and small, can show their support for rangers by getting involved in our ‘Project Connect’ activities by designing a postcard to send to rangers on the front-line of conservation.
This year, the festival is focusing on the ways human beings Connect to Nature. Some of the 2014 program highlights include:
- Over 30 free workshops for kids and families
- Appearances by Master Chef winner Emma Dean and Vasili from Vasili’s Garden
- Displays on the expanding ‘tiny house’ movement
- Healthy Together Knox’s pop up cafe The Herbivore, with a new program to deliver key messaging for the community around healthy food options and lifestyle choices
- Practical ‘how to’ tips relating to permaculture, vegetable harvesting in confined spaces and the wonder and magic of bees
- The Rolling Ball – a giant 5x4m metre kinetic rolling ball sculpture
- Wild Action and Full Flight, a treasure trove of native animals and presentations
- Dozens of international food stalls, handmade craft and market stalls, performances over three stages and a large, low-impact fairground
To find out more about what’s happening check out the website.